Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Step 1: Change your Attitude!

The Slim n’ Sassy system is based on four steps to success. People who use this system find success when they:

      1.     Change their attitude.
2.     Improve their diet.
3.     Exercise
4.     Rest and manage stress.


Over the next few weeks, I will be breaking these four steps down, but today I wanted to mainly focus on number one. Changing my attitude.

The first step toward changing your attitude about healthy living is to get rid of the imaginary barriers you put up for yourself. For example, here are some of mine:

-You are way too long gone. You’ve never been successful before, so why would this time be any different. Seriously? You’re going to lose 100 pounds? Good luck with that…
-You are too busy. You don’t have time to exercise, and cooking healthy for your family takes too much prep work.
-Junk food tastes too good. Do you really want to go through life without chocolate?

I have many roadblocks. So many, that I often don’t even notice that I’m thinking them. My first goal is to stop roadblocks in their tracks by recognizing them, then affirming out loud a counter-statement to prove them wrong. For example, if I catch myself thinking, “It’s too hard to feed my family a healthy meal tonight,” I will counter it with something like, “All I have to do is fill up half of our plates with a vegetable, and that will be a huge improvement and a step towards a healthier lifestyle.”

Another plan for changing my attitude is to take baby steps toward success. It is so easy to get burnt out by trying to change your entire lifestyle in one day. In order to make sure these changes stay permanent, I will be implementing one or two mini-goals per week.


Ultimately, changing my attitude comes down to one thing: constantly reminding myself that I can do this. It’s not the work of a superhero. I’m not too weak. This is my life and I can make the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment